Great Stuff for Students
Free Access to The Boston Herald!
We now offer online access to The Boston Herald for students & teachers of Seekonk High. To access:
To access the e-Edition, go to the e-Edition Sign-In Page.
To access curriculum, visit http://nieonline.com/bostonherald/curriculum.cfm.
Curriculum password: herald90
Ms. Borden recommends Science News for Kids, a publication of The Society for Science & the public.
Science Magazine Online - Access to journal articles, science news, careers in science and more.
AP/ Exam Review - Seekonk Public Library has a great online test review site, Learning Express Library for online practice exams, tutorials and ebooks. No library card number is needed, just type in your subject or click Featured Resources for a list of topics.
See Mrs. Larson in the SHS Library if you need assistance.
Great Stuff for Teachers
Seekonk High now subscribes to Films on Demand Digital Educational Video, a service that includes thousands of exclusive educational videos from top producers, segmented into easy-to-use clips
• Unlimited, simultaneous, 24/7 access, in class/library or off site (meaning you can plan lessons at home and students can access video at home for flipped lessons)
• iPad, Android, PC, and Mac friendly
• New content added monthly
• Content correlates to Common Core, state, and national standards
Connect in 3 easy steps, from school or home:
1. If in school, hardwire your laptop to the internet by plugging in the blue cord near your desk (Please call me if you need help with this) This ensures that video streaming will be smooth and consistent
2. Click on Video Streaming on Demand
Contact Suzanne Larson in the library if you have any questions or need assistance.
Need Non-Fiction Reading to Support Common Core?
Use these search box to easily locate current articles from more than 20,000 publications across a wide variety of disciplines. Doing an advanced search allows you limit by type of document, word count, Lexile level and more. You can search on your own or request that the library search for you - just ask!
Great Links for Educators
The New York Time Learning Network provides articles, lesson plans, resources and more for a wide variety of disciplines.
Spicy Nodes is a concept map presentation tool that allows the users to link and embed pictures, websites, and more into the overall presentation. Easy to use and fun to show, Spicy Nodes is whole new way to present information.
Library Media Center - Seekonk High School - 261 Arcade Avenue Seekonk, MA 02771 (508) 336-7272